The "Moonlight" and "Pathetique" piano sonatas are performed here by the wonderful pianist John Lenehan. This Reel to Reel Tape release was originally recorded directly on to the vinyl cutting machine at Air Studios which is known as a "Direct Cut", and sounds wonderful. This Copy Master Tape was recorded at 15 IPS.
Pathetique & Moonlight Live Copy Master Tape
Live studio recording of pianist John Lenehan's performance of Beethoven's Moonlight and Pathetique Piano Sonatas.
- Audiophile Demonstration Album
- Direct to Disc (D2D) live recording
- 1st Generation Reel to Reel Tape made from the Original Master Tape
- As close to the Original Master Reference Quality as possible
- 1/4" 15IPS CCIR
- Created from 30IPS 1/2" Running Masters at Air Studios
- CCIR/IEC Equalization
- Originally mastered at Air Studios London
- Created using ATR Magnetics Tape Stock
- Housed in a Heavy Duty Professional box
- Machines are connected with Zensati Seraphim Interconnect Cable for highest transfer quality
- Transferred and monitored by Chasing The Dragon Producer Mike Valentine
"This is a 'Direct Cut' recording of the wonderful pianist John Lenehan, performing two of Beethoven's wonderful Sonatas. We recorded the album at Air Studios on a very hot July day. Creating a "Direct Cut" means that John had to play "live", with no editing at all. You cannot stop the record lathe once you have started. Any mistakes and you must start all over again. John used no score and plays both sides beautifully. Yes, there are a few pedal noises, but I don't think they are too distracting. We hope that you have as much pleasure in listening, as we had in creating this great album!"
- Mike Valentine, Chasing The Dragon
1. "Pathetique" - Sonata No8, Op13
2. "Moonlight" - Sonata No14, Op27, No2
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.