Payment & Security
A Master Tape release of the world's first "Direct Cut" Binaural recording. Chasing The Dragon used their Neumann Binaural Head to capture the orchestra. Although it is best experienced on headphones, this audiophile Reel to Reel Tape also sounds great when played through loudspeakers.
Presented at 15 IPS.
Binaural Baroque Copy Master Tape
Chasing the Dragon have become known as one of the worlds leading audiophile record labels. In producing this album they wanted to combine the simplicity of a binaural microphone with the jump factor of a Direct Cut recording. It is their sincere hope that you enjoy the fun of their latest musical adventure!
Stax Earspeakers were used to record and master this album.
- Audiophile Demonstration Album
- Direct to Disc (D2D) binaural recording
- 1st Generation Reel to Reel Tape made from the Original Master Tape
- As close to the Original Master Reference Quality as possible
- 1/4" 15IPS CCIR
- Created from 30IPS 1/2" Running Masters at Air Studios
- CCIR/IEC Equalization
- Originally mastered at Air Studios London
- Created using ATR Magnetics Tape Stock
- Housed in a Heavy Duty Professional box
- Machines are connected with Zensati Seraphim Interconnect Cable for highest transfer quality
- Transferred and monitored by Chasing The Dragon Producer Mike Valentine
- Produced/Engineered by Mike Valentine & Françoise Valentine
1. Guitar Concerto - Antonio Vivaldi (1678-1741)
2. Canon - Johann Pachelbel (1653-1706)
3. Harp Concerto - George Frideric Handel (1685-1759)
4. Sinfonia alla Rustica- Antonio Vivaldi (1678-1741)
5. Eine Kleine Nachtmusik - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791)
This binaural album was recorded with specialist equipment to give you the feeling of really being there in the space with the musicians. This binaural album is incredibly accurate and is intended to be enjoyed on headphones, however, it still sounds fantastic when played back on loudspeakers.
"One of many worthwhile and fine-sounding Chasing the Dragon D2D records, this one adds the attraction of a Neumann binaural “dummy head” microphone set-up at AIR Studios. You needn’t listen on headphones to get the recording’s intense three-dimensionality and purity though on ‘phones it’s even more pronounced."
"Though these are baroque “warhorses”: “Vivaldi Guitar Concerto”, Pachelbel “Canon”, Handel “Harp Concerto” and Mozart “Eine Kleine Nachtmusik” (all but the “Canon” excerpted to fit the limited disc size), both the playing and recording are delicate and immersive. If you think you’ve heard enough of “Canon” to last a lifetime of weddings (and divorces) this one might change your thinking. If your system doesn’t “disappear” reproducing this record, you’ve got some work to do."
Chasing The Dragon Audiophile Recordings
Chasing The Dragon have become known as one of the leading producers of audiophile recordings. The UK label owned by Mike Valentine offers Direct Cut LPs. Audiophile LPs, CDs, and Master Tapes which will demonstrate the potential of your Hi-Fi system.
Chasing The Dragon's releases are so detailed, if you take the time to familiarise yourself with the subtleties of these reference-level recordings, the next time you make any changes, big or small, to your Hi-Fi system, the differences will be notable.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.