Eleanor McEvoy needs no introduction to serious Audiophiles. Her past albums have been praised by many reviewers and this recording was a wonderful opportunity for Chasing The Dragon to create a live album.
This Copy Master Tape was recorded at 15 IPS.
Forgotten Dreams Live Copy Master Tape
Many audiophiles all over the world are familiar with Eleanor McEvoy. There is no finer musician with which to work. Eleanor is accompanied by Damon Butcher on grand piano and plays several solo instruments herself, underscoring her beautiful voice, for this live album.
When the opportunity came to work with Eleanor, as you can imagine, Chasing The Dragon jumped at it. It was decided that it would be great to record a 'Direct Cut' album. They have already released 5 albums using this process, where they record straight to the Neumann Lathe at Air Studios.
Eleanor put in a fantastic performance and, remember you cannot stop halfway through when cutting live vinyl. She had to be note-perfect on both sides. Jake, the mixer, and John, mastering engineer, also brought their 'A-game" to the session.
- Direct to Disc (D2D) live recording
- 1st Generation Reel to Reel Tape made from the Original Master Tape
- As close to the Original Master Reference Quality as possible
- 1/4" 15IPS CCIR
- Created from 30IPS 1/2" Running Masters at Air Studios
- CCIR/IEC Equalization
- Originally mastered at Air Studios London
- Created using ATR Magnetics Tape Stock
- Housed in a Heavy Duty Professional box
- Machines are connected with Zensati Seraphim Interconnect Cable for highest transfer quality
- Transferred and monitored by Chasing The Dragon Producer Mike Valentine
- Produced/Engineered by Mike Valentine & Françoise Valentine
- Mike Valentine, Chasing The Dragon
1. The Spanish Word for Heart Is Corazon
2. The Meeting Of The Waters
3. The Way You Wear Your Troubles
4. Not Quite Love
5. Fragile Wishes
6. Gimme Some Wine
7. Slow Hand
8. If You Had A Heart
9. Pink Champagne
"The recording is remarkably transparent. Everything in the chain from the microphone to the mic preamp to the cutting system is so remarkable transparent that you'll easily think the duo is performing in your room, if your system is up to it."
- Analog Planet
"What they've cooked up is a sublime live-in-the-studio session, the sort that has high-end aficionados swooning because of the sonic purity and dazzling atmosphere. Even over headphones or a cheap system, the space is clearly, unmistakenly defined. These are genuine direct-to-format recordings with McEvoy on acoustic or electric guitar, violin and piano, accompanied by pianist Damon Butcher, performing her own songs plus an amusing (and winsomely sexy) cover of The Pointer Sisters' Slow Hand'"
- Hi-Fi News
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.