Payment & Security
The Norma REVO IPA-140 integrated amplifier represents a definitive choice for amplification. Considered the ‘big brother’ of the accomplished IPA-70B, it is easy to think of the IPA-140 as an IPA-70B with more power but this amplifier is the result of an ambitious and uncompromising design brief. It’s a 140W per channel, fully dual mono integrated amplifier, using a sextet of MOSFETs on each side, giving the amplifier a potential burst power of 1.5kW. The amp is essentially two mono blocks sharing a common front panel, sitting in a non-magnetic, solid aluminium chassis. Norma has gone with a high-bandwidth design (>2MHz) and has built it to last with elements like sealed and very long-lasting gold/palladium relays for source switching.
Its power output of 140W/8 Ohm gives it the ability to drive demanding speaker loads and therefore make it an extremely versatile amp. Versatility is enhanced by the ability to customize the input/output connections and to insert Phono Stage MM/MC functionality via the insertion of two boards, one for each channel (dual mono). It also has an optional USB digital input, facilitating a direct connection from a transport or streaming device.
Transparency, timbral neutrality, transient attack, great dynamics yet having the ability of reproducing even the smallest nuances of the musical signal, both at high and low volumes. These characteristics express a lot more than its deliberately compact dimensions would lead you to expect.
The external design of the Norma Revo IPA-140, like many Italian masterpieces, express the synthesis of form & function, technology and aesthetic. As if they were forged by a harmonic dialogue between tense lines and smooth junctions, the shape appears to be relaxed yet at the same time loaded with a strong dynamic charge.
The internal workmanship is extraordinary and highlights a technical refinement that follows the same philosophy. The REVO IPA-140 uses proprietary circuitry, a regulated high-speed power supply, low noise architecture and is built with a careful selection of the best available materials. Norma audio pieces possess a sophistication of sound that is extraordinary at any price, embodying the designer Enrico Rossi’s technical talent and somehow infusing the culture and musical tradition of Cremona.
In audiophile terms, what would be the definition of a ‘giant killer’? Would it perhaps be a high quality product from a lesser known, yet highly respected & established brand that when compared to other-well regarded products costing many multiples more, easily out-performs them in a direct comparison? If this is the gist, the Norma IPA-140 owns that label. Audition and experience why this integrated amplifier has won the hearts of many music lovers around the world.
- Extreme low noise, high speed schematic topology and wide band (>2 MHz).
- High current MOSFET power device (150 A output peak current).
- 12 power devices for a total rated 1,500W power handling capability.
- Separate ground plane power supply for Gain, Driver and Output stage.
- High speed and low noise regulated power supply for gain and driver stage.
- High filtering capacity (70,000 uF) with 24 and low impedance capacitors.
- Full aluminium non-magnetic frame.
- Toroidal power transformer specially designed for audio applications, low dispersion flow, low mechanical noise, high permeability magnetic core with low output impedance, 2 x 400VA.
- Input configurable as Direct Inputs, for Home Theatre use.
- Outputs configurable as Pre-Out, Active or Passive, for use with Power Amp and/or with Active Subwoofer
- XLR balanced input
- Remote control of all functions with NORMA RC-4 remote control.
- Two-speed volume control (Fine and Fast).
- Available with a PHONO Stage option (high quality phono stage, for MM and MC pick-up).
- Protection for DC signal sensitive speakers.
- Inputs selection by relay with GOLD/PALLADIUM contacts.
- RCA solid core gold-plated plug connector for any signal connections.
- Stand-by mode switches off the microprocessor once the command is executed, so as to cancel any interference towards the analogue signal.
Note: Specification subject to change without notice.
StereoNet, Mark Gusew, 2020
The Norma IPA-140 is like a beautiful musical instrument – it exudes texture, refinement, musicality, delicacy, ambience, scale and accuracy to a truly high standard. The sound is highly defined, retaining its composure even through difficult passages of music. I believe that you would have to spend considerably more money to obtain a better sounding amplifier, making the Norma extremely good value. It really should be at the top of your shortlist, even if you’re intending to spend more.
Soundstage! Hi-Fi, Uday Reddy, 2014
The IPA-140 was incredibly quiet and transparent, revealing a wealth of fine detail. My friend Preet, a huge Beatles fan, recently brought over his DVD-Audio edition of Love to rip to my server. Afterward, while listening to “Because” (24/96 AIFF, Apple), we burst out laughing because we were so startled by the background sounds of birds and bees, which sounded spookily realistic. This track also highlighted the IPA-140’s ability to throw a wide, deep soundstage, with a reverberant echo and natural-sounding decay.
Hi-Fi +, Alan Sircom, 2013
Norma deserves to be better known. There are no bargains in audio, but this is an amplifier that can go up against amps costing £12,000-£16,000 despite costing the right side of £5,500 in its all-up top-spec guise. The hi-fi market can be fickle, but the IPA-140 has some real staying power. I think for many, to try it will be to love it.
6moons.com, Srajan Ebaen, 2013
With highly configurable options, understatedly elegant cosmetics from the pen of Livio Cucuzza and materially dense topologies, the perhaps greatest surprise the pricing. Whilst despite clear longevity Norma still isn’t as well known as brands with more and far louder advertising, the material evidence of these components speaks persuasively to top-shelf manufacturing and clear design maturity.
- Integrated amplifier with full remote control
- 4 RCA, 1 XLR Balanced, optional Phono, 1 USB DAC optional
- 47 Kohm (non-selected input) / 10 Kohm (selected input)
- 1 binding post pair, accept 4mm banana plugs and forks
Output Impedance (Pre-Out)
- 200 Ohm
- 34 dB
- 0 Hz – 1.8 MHz (-3dB, non-filtered)
- Solid State, Dual Mono
- 140 W RMS / 8 Ohm – 280 W RMS / 4 Ohm (each channel)
- 36 A continuous, 150 A peak (per channel)
- MOSFET, 3 pairs for each channel
- 2 x Toroidal Special Audio Use, 400 VA per channel
- 72.000 uF, 12 electrical capacitors for each channel
- 34 dB, 470 mV for 70 W / 8 Ohm
- 230 VAC / 50 Hz (100V AC or 115 VAC / 50-60Hz in some countries)
- (H) 110mm x (W) 430mm x (D) 365mm (excluding feet, knob and rear jacks)
- 25 Kg
- Silver, Black
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.