Ortofon DS-3 - a high precision digital stylus pressure gauge
DS-3 is a new lightweight compact digital stylus pressure gauge model. The DS-3 is a miniature ultra precision non-magnetic instrument that tunes your tonearm to the highest possible degree. The DS-3 scale is factory pre-calibrated for high accuracy measurements with the tolerance of +/-0.01 g.
How to use the DS-3
• Turn on the device by pressing ON button. The display will show 0000.
• Press the UNIT button to select the measurement unit. The default setting is gram/g.
• Place the stylus on the measurement plate on the right side of the device. Display will start blinking. It will stop blinking when the measurement is completed. The value displayed on the screen is the stylus pressure.
• The display screen will automatically dim to saving mode after 5 seconds of inactivity and turn off after 60 seconds of inactivity.
• When a battery runs out, a LO indicator will flash on the screen. Then replace both batteries.
• PCS button balances count by calculating the average weight of one piece-weight called a unit weight, then applying it to the total weight of what you are trying to count. Firstly, weigh one PC, then weigh the bundle, then push the PCS button and on the display you’ll get a number of PCS.
Features & Specifications
Operational weight range
0.1g to 200g
2 × AAA
(L) 120mm × (W) 60mm × (H) 17mm
LCD screen with back lighting
Auto off function
Protect the device against high temperatures, dust and humidity
Carefully lower the measurement object on the measurement plate
Operating temperature range
Do not place objects weighting more than 200 g on the measurement plate
Do not place the device on an uneven surface, it may result in not accurate measurements