The PE 1000 ist the entry-level turntable that plays far beyond its price category. With the in-house developed tonearm and the massive POM platter PE developed another non-suspended turntable apart from the PE 800. Ideally suited for the entry-level class and much more.
- Manually operated sub-chassis beltdrive turntable
- Solid split chassis with lacquer surface
- Direct current (DC) motor from European production
- Electronically controlled speed selector (33/45 rpm)
- POM (Polyoxymethylene) platter with 3 kg weight, 30 mm thick
- Decoupling device feet, adjustable in height
- 9” in-house developed tonearm featuring biaxial bearing, carbon arm tube (PE TO 2016)
- Moving-magnet (MM) cartridge Ortofon 2M Red
- Physical dimensions (Width / Depth / Height): 470 x 340 x 175 mm (incl. dust cover)
- Weight approx. 10kg
Our entry level design captures more than its share of recorded beauty – by design. Big soundstage, detail and resolution at an affordable price.
The Otello is Soundsmith’s entry level Moving Iron design, realizing an affordable pathway into the world of high performance cartridges. Build by hand like all Soundsmith cartridges, the Otelloprovides a perfect balance of tone and resolution at a great price. The result is a cartridge that is at ease with any type of music. Just slightly warmer than other Soundsmith designs, Otello yields a richness of timbre that is utterly beguiling with a level of speed and dynamics not often found in cartridges at this price. The result? A wonderful design that gives the warmth of MM and the lightfootedness of Moving Iron design.
OTELLO Technical Specifications
|Stylus||Elliptical Titanium Bonded, 0.20mm Round|
|Radius of curvature||6 x 17 μm|
|Recommended Tracking force||1.3-1.6 gm|
|Effective tip mass||0.50 mg|
|Frequency response||20-20,000 Hz ± 2.5 dB|
|Channel Separation (stereo only)||1000 Hz >24 dB, 50-15,000 >20 dB|
|Channel difference||<1.8 dB (Stereo), <1.0 dB (Mono)|
|Output voltage||>2.12 mV|
|Cartridge weight||9.2 Grams|
|Loading||≥ 47 kΩ|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.