Payment & Security
The PE 800 is a turntable for the entry-level class that allowed Perpetuum Ebner to enter a completely new price category. It sticks with the classical PE design and together with the own developed tonearm it is able to compete at highest level.
- Manually operated sub-chassis beltdrive turntable
- Solid split chassis with lacquer surface
- Direct current (DC) motor from European production
- Electronically controlled speed selector (33/45 rpm)
- massive high gloss aluminium platter 24 mm, damped on the inside, ABS subplatter
- Decoupling device feet
- 9” in-house developed tonearm featuring biaxial bearing, antiskating with thread, aluminium arm tube (PE TO 2017)
- Moving-magnet (MM) cartridge Ortofon 2M Red
- Physical dimensions (Width / Depth / Height): 470 x 340 x 175 mm (incl. dust cover)
- Weight approx. 7kg
Ortofon Hi-Fi 2M Red Moving Magnet Cartridge
- an improved engine, which provides an increased output of 5.5 mV and an optimized sound reproduction and a high level of sonic accuracy.
- a tipped Elliptical diamond and split pole pins with a copper wire.
- the cartridge body is manufactured from Hopelex, an environment-friendly material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
We have optimized the design for ease of mounting the cartridge, and the weight and size to fit the most common turntables on the market today. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
2M Red is an all-purpose cartridge that delivers open, dynamic sound with a slight touch of warmth.
2M Red Technical data
Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 5.5 mV
Channel balance at 1 kHz - 1.5 dB
Channel separation at 1 kHz - 22 dB
Channel separation at 15 kHz - 15 dB
Frequency range at - 3dB - 20-22.000 Hz
Frequency response - 20-20.000 Hz + 3 / - 1 dB
Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force - 70 µm
Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 20 µm/mN
Stylus type - Elliptical
Stylus tip radius - r/R 8/18 µm
Tracking force range - 1.6-2.0 g (16-20 mN)
Tracking force, recommended - 1.8 g (18 mN)
Tracking angle - 20°
Internal impedance, DC resistance - 1.3 kOhm
Internal inductance - 700 mH
Recommended load resistance - 47 kOhm
Recommended load capacitance - 150-300 pF
Cartridge colour, body/stylus - Black/Red
2M standard and 2M Verso cartridges weight - 7.2 g
2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell weight - 20 g
2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell length - 52 mm
Replacement stylus unit - 2M Red (interchangeable with 2M Blue and 2M Silver)
Stylus lifetime: with proper care we find that up to 1000 hours is possible without degradation of performance.
2M Series styli interchangeability:
The 2M Series' engines, coils and magnets configurations are not identical: Red and Blue are identical, so are the Bronze and Black and so are the true mono variants 2M Mono and 2M 78. Likewise, 2M series styli are interchangeable within the below combinations:
- 2M Red, 2M Blue and 2M Silver
- 2M Bronze and 2M Black
- 2M Mono and 2M 78
Compatibility with Rega brand TT/TA:
REGA brand cartridges’ height from stylus tip to the top cartridge mounting surface is lower than standard. Therefore you would need spacers to ensure the correct set-up of the Ortofon cartridge.
Adjusting the height of your Rega tonearm is easy with Acoustic Signature's Spacer Set. It allows you to adjust the height from 0.5 mm to 3.5 mm in precise steps of 0.5 mm - without removing the tone arm. Simply loosen the screws, insert the AS-spacer, then lock the screws back down, and you're tonearm is ready to play.
3.2 - 4 mm spacers should be enough for 2M cartridge.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.