2M Black Premounted
M Black - True to the groove
The 2M Black is the flagship of the series and it lives up to this with flying colors. The Shibata diamond gives it contact with the groove like nothing else. You can hear every little detail in the music from every part of the spectrum. Just the way the artist wanted you to. For those who want to sense the presence of the artist in the room when they listen to their records.
The 2M Black is graced with a Shibata diamond which slim, highly polished profile allows an exceedingly wide contact area to the groove walls and ensures notably detailed reproduction throughout the spectrum, including even the most high frequency groove information. The 2M Black uses a special upgraded engine, featuring split pole pins with a silver plated copper wire.
We have optimized the design for ease of mounting the cartridge, and the weight and size to fit the most common turntables on the market today. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
With the 2M Premounted, it’s never been easier to experience
The 2M Premounted is a practical and elegant solution for our customers who wish direct and easy mounting and replacement on their S-shaped tonearm. The quality of the SH-4 headshell is sturdy and rigid, yet the design emphasizes a slim and delicate form factor. The strong, lightweight headshell has an ergonomic design with a long finger lift that is easy to pick up.
- Premounted on our popular SH-4 Black headshell.
- Easy and direct mount on S-shaped tonearms with universal mount.
- Correct Baerwald alignment with tonearms with universal mount.
The 2M Black Verso model is an alternative product for bottom mount headshells
How to replace M2,0 mm screws on 2M Black Verso
1. Remove the stylus with the stylus protection guard from the cartridge body to avoid any damage to the diamond.
2. Using Torx 8 key, unscrew the black screw from the Verso top plate.
3. Remove the top plate from the cartridge body by pulling the screws off.
4. Remove the two countersunk screws from the top plate.
5. Insert the two M2,0 mm screws in the top plate.
6. Mount the top plate on the cartridge body. Hold the top plate with screw-threads hanging down and turn the cartridge body 180 degrees. Mount from above.
7. Mount the black screw in the top plate and tighten with appropriate force.
8. Mount the cartridge on the tonearm using the enclosed tool.
9. Mount the stylus with the stylus protection guard on the cartridge body.
2M Black accessories included the package:
- Stylus brush, carbon fibre
- 1 x Screwdriver
- 2 x Screw M2,5 x 5
- 2 x Screw M2,5 x 7
- 1 x Stylus pressure gauge
2M Black Premounted accessories included the package:
1 x Stylus brush, carbon fibre
1 x Stylus Gauge
2M Black Verso accessories included the package:
- 1 x Stylus brush, carbon fibre
- 1 x Allen key Torx 6
- 1 x Allen key Torx 8
- 2 x Screw M2,0 x 6
- 1 x Stylus pressure gauge
- 1 x Socket spanner
Features & Specifications
Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec.
Channel balance at 1 kHz
Channel separation at 1 kHz
Channel separation at 15 kHz
20-20.000 + 2 / - 0 dB
Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force
Compliance, dynamic, lateral
Stylus tip radius
r/R 6/50 µm
Tracking force range
1.4-1.7 g (14-17 mN)
Tracking force, recommended
1.5 g (15 mN)
Internal impedance, DC resistance
Recommended load resistance
Recommended load capacitance
Cartridge colour, body/stylus
Premounted cartridge weight
Replacement stylus unit
2M Black (interchangeable with 2M Bronze and 2M Black LVB 250)
with proper care we find that up to 1000 hours is possible without degradation of performance. Please read about stylus care on our FAQ.
2M Series styli interchangeability:
The 2M Series' engines, coils and magnets configurations are not identical: Red and Blue are identical, so are the Bronze and Black and so are the true mono variants 2M Mono and 2M 78. Likewise, 2M series styli are interchangeable within the below combinations:
- 2M Red, 2M Blue and 2M Silver
- 2M Bronze, 2M Black and 2m Black LVB 250
- 2M Mono and 2M 78