Radiance Pro™4k60 Video Processor
See What the Director Intended ™
Radiance processing power, SD - UltraHD in and out, 17x17x17 CMS, DARBEE DVP
The Radiance Pro™ series of video processors enhance the award-winning Radiance video processor family by adding support for4k60 inputs and outputs, including HDCP 2.2, HDR, Rec 2020. Winner of a CEPro™ Best of 2015 award, and a best video product in Australia award in 2019, the Radiance Pro is not standing still. Lumagen continues to enhance features and algorithms.
The Radiance Pro family offers up to eight inputs, and four outputs, plus a multitude of essential setup and calibration features. More than just an HDMI switcher, the Radiance Pro has a host of feature to improve the image on your screen and is considered by many experts to be an essential part of any quality home theater.
Fast switching is an essential part of a good home theater, and the Radiance Pro can significantly reduce the very long switching times that occur when using an AVR or audio processor for switching. Many people say they do not think switching time is an issue, until they experience the long lock on times of many projectors. The Radiance Pro can be programmed to significantly reduce switching times.The Radiance Pro can split the video and audio, so a 1080p AVR’s and audio processors can be used with 4k sources.
Scaling quality again comes to the forefront with the advent of 4k projectors and televisions. Lumagen’s NoRing™ scaling provides the best quality scaling for 1080, 720, and SD, sources for 4k projectors and TVs. Unlike other technology Lumagen’s NoRing scaling does not add "halos" around edges caused by the ringing in other algorithms.
Reference quality colorimetry is an often-overlooked part of a quality home theater. Automated audio room equalization has become common place.The Radiance Pro can provide automated video equalization, using third party calibration software, with more accuracy than the non 3D LUT based calibration employed by television and projector manufacturers. With the Radiance Pro’s 4913-point 3D LUT based Color Management System you can See What the Director Intended™.
Input cards (two inputs) can be independently upgraded to 18 GHz. Output cards can be upgraded from two 9 GHz outputs to one 18 GHz output plus one 9 GHz output. These upgrades are available at the time of purchase or they can be added in thefield using just a #1 and a #2 Philips screwdriver.
Other important features include the best quality anamorphic screen support for HD and 4k UHD sources with or without an anamorphiclens. Internally calculated HDR10 and HLG Dynamic Tone Mapping (DTM), for the best quality HDR viewing on a projector or a TV. Precise geometry adjustments including size, masking, and vertical keystone correction are also available. The Radiance Pro’s Non-Linear-Stretch (NLS) feature allows the user to modify HD 16:9 sources in a user customizable way to fill an anamorphic screen. For 16:9 screens and TVs, an anamorphic image can be placed anywhere in the active screen area. Multiple output configuration memories allow for features such as day and night optimization, and up to two displays and/or projectors in a single system.
The adaptability of the Radiance Pro is second to none. Using Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) technology, the Radiance Pro can add hardware image processing and setup features long after installation with a simple software update. Just as 3D video support was added to earlier Radiance models years after introduction, the Radiance Pro will be adding new features over time. One example is DTM which was added four years after product introduction and is available to all owners by updating to the latest release.
Radiance Pro Models
4242: 4 inputs, 2 outputs, 1U case
4442: 4 inputs, 4 outputs, 1U case
4444: 6 inputs, 4 outputs, 1U case
4446: 8 inputs, 4 outputs, 1U case
5348: 10 inputs, 3 outputs, 1U case
- Remote Control
- Universal power supply
- USB cable for updating
- Limited 1 year warranty
- Optional 18Ghz input card(s)
- Optional 18Ghz output card(s)
18Ghz output card has 1 video+audio and 1 audio out
versus 2 video+audio outputs of 9Ghz output card
- Optional rack ears
HD and 4K Visual Presence image processing IP
A groundbreaking enhancement solution that creates an unparalleled level of depth, clarity and realism.
Adjustable image enhancement
Per pixel computational imaging
Color and pixel resolution independent
Bit depth independent
HDMI and HDCP compliant
For all video encoding, decoding and display technologies
Features & Specifications
- Up to eight 4k60 UltraHD inputs
- Up to four processed 4k60 UltraHD video outputs at 9Ghz (or two at 18Ghz)
- Inputs and outputs support HDMI 1.x and HDMI 2.0, with HDCP 1.x or HDCP 2.2, at up to 4k60
- 9Ghz output pairs are independently programmable for video, audio, or both
- 18Ghz output pairs have 1 video+audio out and 1 audio only output
- Modular I/O allows upgrading to new HDMI technology as it becomes available
- Proprietary Dynamic Tone Mapping (DTM) for HDR content
- Proprietary Lumagen NoRing™ scaling
- DARBEE Digital Visual Presence (DVP) enhancement technology for up to 2K sources
- Vertical keystone correction
- Picture-In-Picture (PiP) and Picture-Outside-Picture (PoP) (future update for 444x only)
- Supports complete processing of 2D or 3D sources
- 10 bit front-end, with 12+ bits in calibration pipeline
- Per-pixel SD/HD video deinterlacing
- 4913 point (17x17x17) CMS
- Rec2020 colorspace and HDR supported
- 21-point Parametric Grayscale calibration
- Anamorphic screen support for up to 4k sources with and without an anamorphic lens
- Supports complete processing of 2D and 3D sources
- Optional dual 12V trigger outputs (only on 44xx)
- Rack mountable 1U case, with optional rack ears
- High reliability external power supply rated at 34 years MTBF by manufacturer