The power cable is detachable for easy service or cable upgrade; the inputs and triggers offer daisy chain outputs. The amplifier is fully protected from short circuit and overheating and automatically restores operation after the condition is rectified. Indicator LEDs for each zone show protection status.
No worries, No hassle
The 2U rack height and included rack ears make good use of precious rack space. Thermostatically controlled forced air-cooling ensures a long trouble-free service life. Phoenix speaker connection blocks make installation a snap, and wiring further simplified. A bridging feature allows each pair of channels to become a single high power channel.
The CI 940 is everything you want for high quality distributed audio as NAD is in the top tier of all amplifier brands, consistently winning awards for both performance and value for money. Known for their warm, expansive and intensely musical sound, NAD amplifiers are designed to drive real world speaker loads. The NAD CI 940 will bring out the best performance from any speaker giving you the best possible listening experience. It is also very quiet with inaudible residual noise in no-signal conditions, important when using efficient speakers in small spaces. Energy efficiency is also impressive with <0.5W standby consumption and highly efficient power delivery.
- Four channels of clean, low distortion power set up in two stereo zone configuration
- 35W x 4 @ 8 Ohms/4 Ohms
70W x 2 @ 8 Ohms in Bridge Mode
- Compact 2U rack height with rack ears
- Phoenix speaker connection blocks
- Detachable power cable for easy service and upgrades
- Indicator lamps for each zone that show protection status and amplifier clipping
- <0.5W standby consumption
- <0.03% THD; <0.04% IMD (SMPTE, CCIR)
- >95dBA referenced to 1W
Continuous Output Power8 Ohms/4 Ohms
- 4 x 35W (ref. rated THD, 20Hz-20Hz, all channels driven)
8 Ohms Bridge Mode
- 2 x 70W (ref. 20Hz-20kHz)
Rated THD (250mW to rated power, CCIF IMD, DIM 100)
- <0.03% (ref. 20Hz-20kHz)
IHF Dynamic Power8 Ohms
- >180 (ref. 8 Ohms, 50Hz and 1kHz)
- 270mV (ref. rated power)
- ref. 20Hz-20kHz ±0.2dB
- -3dB at 3Hz and 100kHz
Signal/Noise Ratio, A-Weighted
- >95dB (ref. 1W)
- >110dB (ref. 35W)
Minimum Input Signal to Trigger (auto sense mode)
Time to Automatic Standby (without signal at input sense mode)
- 10 minutes
- 270W (120V 60Hz, 230V 50Hz)
Gross Dimensions* (W x H x D)
- 483 x 105 x 323mm (19 1/16 x 4 3/16 x 12 3/4”)**
- 6.96kg (15.35lb)
- 8.4kg (18.5lb)
*Gross dimensions include feet, extended buttons and rear panel terminals.
**Non-metric measurements are approximate.