YOUR DAC'S PERFECT PARTNER
The first LUMIN to feature our all-new processing system
- All-new processor
- Increased flexibility
- DSD512 PCM768
- DSD256 Upsampling
- 5 types of output
- Transport-only LUMIN for combination with an external DAC
- The first LUMIN to feature our all-new processing system
- Faster processor provides greater resampling flexibility - upsampling and downsampling to every supported format up to DSD256/PCM348 to hit your DAC's sweetspot
- Increased capacity for future updates
- New surface finish taken from the high-end P1
- Quad native clock system for precision timing
- 5 types of digital audio output including USB
- MQA Decoding
- Roon Ready
- Leedh Processing volume control
Builds on the massive success of U1 Mini
Completely new processing hardware and software deliver improved features and increased resampling flexibility while retaining all the musicality that was noted in so many outstanding U1 Mini reviews.
Key hardware features carried over from U1 Mini include the quad clocking system and 5 different digital outputs with USB now capable of up to DSD512!
The new model is also finished in a new silky surfacing process taken from our high-end P1 that is less susceptible to finger marks and easier to clean.
All the usual LUMIN refinements
- From MQA to DSD, FLAC to WAV, LUMIN can play all the high-resolution formats you could ever want
- Native support for TIDAL, Qobuz, Spotify and AirPlay, giving you access to tens of millions of songs
- The unique and intuitive LUMIN App described as "fantastically intuitive and easy to use" by What Hi-Fi
- LUMIN programme of continuous development that has seen Apple Silicon Mac support, TIDAL Connect, FLAC Lossless Radio and TIDAL Suggested/Related tracks added in 2021 alone.
Supported Streaming Services
Leedh Processing Digital Volume Control
Lossless volume control for all LUMIN players.
LUMIN users now have the option to use (at no additional cost) Leedh Processing Volume Control instead of the default processing algorithm.
Features & Specifications
Up to DSD512
Up to 768kHz, 16–32-bit, Stereo
MQA Full Decoding
Upsampling rates & bit depths:
DSD256 upsampling option for all files
PCM 384kHz upsampling option for all files
Digital Output Stage:
Native DSD512 support
PCM 44.1–768kHz, 16–32-bit, Stereo
Optical, Coaxial RCA, Coaxial BNC & AES/EBU:
DSD64 (DoP64, DSD over PCM)
PCM 44.1kHz–192kHz, 16–24-bit
Internal shielded 100–240V AC auto-ranging
- Raw aluminium or black anodised aluminium
Size and Weight:
300mm (W), 244mm (D), 60mm (H), 2.5kg
470mm (W), 340mm (D), 170mm (H), 4.5kg
UPnP AV protocol with audio streaming extension (OpenHome)
Flac lossless Radio stations
Native support for TIDAL, MQA, Qobuz and TuneIn Radio.
Tidal MQA icons to identify high-res music
Qobuz high-res icons to identify high-res music
Multiple tag handling
Composer tag support
Album-grouping in playlist
Automatic internet links to artists/album/songs
Saving and restoring of playlists (including Tidal and Qobuz)
Supported Audio File Formats:
DSD Lossless: DSF (DSD), DIFF (DSD), DoP (DSD)
PCM Lossless: FLAC, Apple Lossless (ALAC), WAV, AIFF
Compressed (lossy) Audio: MP3, AAC (in M4A container)
Ethernet RJ45 network 1000Base-T
Shared USB ports can also be used for storage, flash drive, USB hard disk (Single-partition FAT32, exFAT and NTFS only)
Supported Control Devices:
All models of Apple iPad (v2 or later). iOS 8.0 or later required. Full Retina Display support.
Android devices. Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later required.
Apple Mac with Apple Silicone
Leedh Processing lossless digital volume control
Compatible with LUMIN Infrared Control Package
Programme of Continuous Development – Firmware-upgradable for further features a